Training modules moved to new project and team
First versions of training OpenERP modules were developed by OpenERP S.A. and AJM Technologies S.A. An “special” version of the openerp-server was required for run this first version of training modules, so they could not be installed in an standard OpenERP server v5 or v6.
For this reason, Zikzakmedia created a training fork project some months ago. We have cleaned code to work with version 5 of openerp-server. Later, we migrated these modules to version 6 openerp-server.
This code was available in addons-extra of v5 and v6 respectively. We started only migrating 3 modules and now there are available 16 news modules (multishchool, dining-hall, e-learning app, …). Also, in this time we have cleaned, fixed and added new features in training base modules.
Now, we think that a new community project is necessary.
- Independent community project: Better visibility, everyone can access to project.
- Any-person interested in training management could have permissions to publish (only few members can publish code at addons-extra).
- Easily publication of code in a branch for testing new features, fixing, …
- One project for training modules to join efforts. Not a lot of branches scattered in different projects.
- Having their own translations, blueprints, bugs, …